We work closely with long-term partners who share our values to create a Home for Success for our residents.
Our Supplier Zone
Building long-term, trusted partnerships with suppliers who share our values to create a Home for Success for our residents is important to us
We provide a flexible, collaborative and mutually beneficial partnership for our suppliers who share our passion of raising standards for our residents.
On this page, you'll find 'our supplier code' which sets out how we work with our partners to deliver responsible and transparent operations.
Our Supplier Code
Building long-term, trusted partnerships is important to us. Our goal is to lead on sustainability and raise standards in the living sector. We want our places to deliver sustainable growth for our people, our communities and the planet.
Our Supplier Code – outlined below – highlights our code of conduct and aims to help us deliver strong, mutually beneficial partnerships. There you’ll find out more about our processes, controls and account payable processes.
Working in partnership with us:
Our aim is to operate partnerships in mutually-beneficial way so we build flexible and collaborative relationships with every supplier.
As a partner, we're committed to procuring ethically and fairly, ensuring compliance with legal standards and prioritising safety and transparency to build long-term, trusted relationships.
· Lead a respected and fair procurement process, be that during selection, negotiation, in-life or at the end of any trading relationship
· Have an open, trusted, and fair relationship with all suppliers, regardless of their size
· Be professional and confidential, handling commercial and sensitive information with care, always
· Keep our suppliers and partners close – we believe our suppliers are key to our success, and this mutual benefit should be listened to
· Work in accordance with the terms & conditions that set out our trading relationship, be that by purchase order and standard terms, or under a mutually agreed contract
· Promote transparent business practices – unethical practices, conflicts of interest, fraud, tax evasion, bribery, corruption, and coercion, have no place in our supply chain
· Take care of the safety and working conditions of both our and our suppliers’ employees and colleagues – we partner only with businesses that show the same engagement, making no concessions when it comes to their health and safety
· Maintain and where possible exceed legislative requirements, be that Modern Slavery, GDPR, IFRS, National Living Wage, tax compliance, or any other legal standard, and expect that our suppliers are able to mirror this
· Practice diligence in our supplier selection and management – checking for risk and compliance, and managing this appropriately
· Demonstrate the actions we undertake to ensure Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging in our supply chain
· Pay due and correct invoices promptly and in line with our agreed terms
· Ultimately, only engaging and working with suppliers that are able to uphold our Supplier Code.
We look to our suppliers to:
We want to build transparent, ethical and trusted relationships with our suppliers to work collaboratively to raise standards across the sector.
We're committed to making a positive impact through people and places and so we look to work with partners who share our commitment to sustainable and responsible behaviours.
Our suppliers will:
· Conduct themselves transparently and openly in their business practices – our suppliers (prospective or in working with us) understand that unethical practices, conflicts of interest, fraud, tax evasion, bribery, corruption, and coercion, have no place in our supply chain and do not offer anything that may be considered as such to any of our colleagues
· Be professional and confidential, handling commercial and sensitive information with care even if it is not covered by contractual provisions
· Be our trusted advisors – suppliers are key to our success, and we listen to your voice on how together we can improve
· Maintain and where possible exceed legislative requirements, upholding all our policies and keeping their own affairs up to date, be that GDPR, Modern Slavery, IR35, tax compliance, or any other legal standard and, on request, are able to consistently demonstrate that they do so
· Minimise both their own and our impact on the environment – helping us to meet and exceed sustainability targets by assigning responsibility to a Senior Management representative and having appropriate sustainability
· Understand their impact on the micro and macro community – actively promoting corporate social responsibility
· Demonstrate the actions they undertake to ensure Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging in the workplace
· Help us to help them be paid efficiently and on time by only accepting orders with a valid Unite Students Purchase Order and always quoting it in full on any invoice
· Safeguard the integrity and security of their systems and comply with the relevant government standards and guidance. Suppliers must inform us if they become aware of any cyber security incident that affects or has the potential to affect us or our data
· Work in accordance with the terms & conditions that set out any trading relationship, be that by purchase order or under a mutually agreed contract
· Take care of the safety and working conditions of both our and their employees and colleagues – training, communicating, supporting, and making no concessions when it comes to health and safety.
Need more information?
If you would like to talk to us about working with us, assistance with any invoices, or outstanding payments or if you have an invoice to send us, please see our contact details below.
If you would like to talk to us about working with us, please contact our procurement team at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any assistance with invoices, or outstanding payments, please contact our AP team at AccountsPayable@unitestudents.com
If you have an invoice to send us, please email APInvoices@unitestudents.com