Why invest in Unite?
Home for Success
Chief Executive Richard Smith talks about the purpose which drives Unite Students: Home for Success. He gives views on why everybody should have the opportunity to be the best version of themselves.
Our strategic objectives
DELIVERING FOR OUR CUSTOMERS AND UNIVERSITIES
- Delivering a best-in-class student experience
- Investment to enhance our physical estate
- Front-line service excellence training
- Investment in our digital capabilities and technology platform
- Segmentation of our product and service
- Maintaining our proactive response to cladding risk
ATTRACTIVE RETURNS FOR SHAREHOLDERS
- Dividend payout of 80% of adjusted EPS
- Recovery in earnings and return to normalised growth of 6–8% p.a.
- Return to pre-Covid-19 adjusted EBIT margins
- Increasing our alignment to the strongest universities
- Sourcing new growth opportunities through development and University partnerships
- Disciplined capital management with new capital to pursue growth opportunities
A RESPONSIBLE AND RESILIENT BUSINESS
- Becoming net zero carbon by 2030
- Creating resource efficient assets and operations
- Enhancing the health and wellbeing of our employees and students
- Providing opportunities for all through investment in the Unite Foundation and the Leapskills programme.
- Raising standards for the student housing sector
Six compelling reasons to invest in Unite Students
Structurally growing sector
- Demographic growth.
- Rising HE participation.
- Growing international demand.
- Aligned to the strongest universities.
- Investing to enhance our operational estate.
Best-in-class operating platform
- Over 60 university relationships.
- Sector-leading operating margins.
High visibility over returns
- Targeting 4.5-5.0% rental growth for 2023/24 academic year
- 6,000 bed development pipeline
Substantial growth opportunities
- Market share gains from HMO sector.
- £150-200m development spend p.a.
- New university partnerships.
Leadership in sustainability
- Net zero carbon by 2030.
- Helping students succeed.