ESG Reporting and disclosure
26 February 2020
Since 2017 we have been reporting on our Up to uS responsible business strategy online, following the core elements of latest Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards sustainability reporting framework. Our GRI Content Index below includes hyperlinks to detailed information and data.
To help investors understand our environmental and broader sustainability performance, we disclose information to external organisations including:
- CDP: We have been disclosing to CDP (formerly the Carbon Disclosure Project) since 2006, showing year on year improvements culminating in our 2018 rating of B. Details of our CDP scoring is available via our press releases. The full text of our disclosures and the corresponding score cards can be found here.
- Taskforce on Climate Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD): Our CDP submission incorporates our responses under the requirements of the TCFD on climate related data and management.
- Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark GRESB: We have been disclosing to GRESB since 2011, and in 2018 retained GreenStar status for the fourth consecutive year. Unite Students was awarded 3 out of 5 stars under the new GRESB rating scheme. Our GRESB score cards can be found here.
- FTSE4Good: We have been listed on the FTSE4Good ESG Index since 2015, most recently being listed in the top 98th percentile of real estate businesses for our ESG performance.
- EPRA Sustainability Best Practice Reporting (sBPR): You can view our disclosure in line with the EPRA sBPR Guidance here.
- Other ESG disclosures: we hope that the information contained in our CDP, GRESB and GRI reporting meets the environmental, social and governance (ESG) information needs of all our stakeholders. Should you have a specific query or request please get in touch.